Our rug restoration workshops pride themselves on a high level of craftsmanship and the highest standard of rug repair. All our rug repair work is carried out by a team of skilled and experienced former weavers. Using traditional methods, tools and techniques we are able to repair:
- fringe and frayed ends – we can re-build the damage and secure the ends to prevent further damage and create a neat fringe
- cords/ sides – we can re-weave the exposed warp and re-weave the decayed parts of the rug’s side
- splits and tears – we can re-join the splits ensuring no further damage occurs
- worn out areas – where the pile has deteriorated exposing the foundation of the rug, or where moth damage has occurred, we are able to re-knot the affected area matching the original pattern and colours
- holes – we can re-build the rug’s foundation and re-weave the affected area
- all kinds of pet, fire and flood damage
Our workshops repair new and antique Persian and Other Oriental rugs including Indian, Chinese and Turkish among others, as well as modern pieces and kilims.
You will find recent examples of our cleaning and restoration work below and at the bottom of our home page.
Please contact one of our workshops for a quote or to book a free collection. Evening and weekend collections are available to suit your need.